Procedural and Surgical Interventions for Headache
Headache and Migraine Interventions
When you’re in need of fast pain relief, an injection for migraine headaches may be the solution. Based upon the unique situations of our patients, the specialized physicians at Diamond Headache Clinic use a wide range of treatments to help patients with their headache pain, including various kinds of injections and other interventional alternatives. As part of your comprehensive treatment plan, a migraine injection treatment can sometimes be helpful for reducing the frequency and severity of headaches. A migraine injection uses elements from the fields of pain medicine, neurology and anesthesiology. It is typically most appropriate for a patient who exhibits recurring or treatment-resistant pain, medical overuse or the inability to participate in daily activities, including work, due to pain.
Types of Injections We Offer
- Epidural Injections: Through an epidural injection, we can deliver the powerful, anti-inflammatory steroid cortisone directly into the spine, along with a local anesthetic to numb pain. Because the steroid works against inflammation, it targets some of the very factors that cause headaches.
- Facet Joint Block: Designed to help diagnose the source of your pain, the facet joint injection (also known as a facet block) goes directly into the cervical spine. As with the epidural injection, it temporarily decreases pain through a local anesthetic. Then, once a cause is determined, a corresponding steroid gets injected to treat joint inflammation.
- Radiofrequency Ablation: Using specialized needles and heat, radiofrequency ablation works to essentially inactivate painful nerves in the neck that can cause headaches.
- Sacroiliac Joint Injection: In this injection, a mixture of a local anesthetic and a steroid medication go directly into the sacroiliac joint located where the bottom of the spine meets the pelvis.
- Trigger Point Injections: Trigger point injections send local anesthetic, sometimes with a steroid, into a specific area of muscle that’s been identified as a trigger point for pain. When effective, this injection can relieve pain not only in the targeted area but also any area with referred pain.
When you work with the specialists at Diamond Headache Clinic, you know you’re getting pain treatment catered to you. Rather than taking a one-size-fits-all approach to headache treatment, our professionals get to know you and your symptoms in order to provide the best possible injection or combination of injections.
Injections From Diamond Headache Clinic
Backed by a commitment to a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach as well as a team of exceptional health professionals, Diamond Headache Clinic provides a wide range of treatments for headaches and migraines. When used in conjunction with a full treatment plan from our specialists, an injection for migraine headache pain can be a useful weapon in the fight against headaches. To learn more about this and other treatments offered by our team, contact us today!